Role Description: Support Specialist
Uptrust is looking to immediately add an experienced Support Specialist to bolster our new and existing partner support and ongoing success of their clients. They will work part time (~20 hours / week) to help us maintain our 24 hour or less response time for inbound support requests. This is an opportunity to be a vital contributor to the Uptrust platform across the United States. If you’re looking for a flexible role where you can make an impact support criminal justice reform, we’d love to talk to you.
Uptrust is an innovative public benefit corporation supporting criminal justice reform. We’ve built the leading communication platform for helping people to successfully navigate the criminal legal system in both pretrial and post-incarceration situations. Our tools are already supporting more than 500,000 low-income individuals in 100+ jurisdictions across the United States. Uptrust helps reduce jail populations, allowing more citizens to live free and productive lives. Additionally, we are uniquely committed to never charging and never geolocating our users.
Uptrust is currently a team of 14, distributed coast-to-coast in the US, with plans to continue growing throughout 2021. In addition to supporting work from home and flexible working hours, we also have offices in San Francisco and Northampton, MA.
Uptrust is backed by several leading national foundations and investors and has received press from media outlets such as TechCrunch, the Associated Press, The New York Times, and the ABA Journal. Unlike many tiny startups, we already have six-figure ARR as well as near- and long-term plans for product and revenue expansion.
What you’ll do
As one of our first Support Specialists, you will:
- Respond directly to simple customer/product support requests (i.e. password / account resets, or follow up requesting more information to about an issue or account credentials)
- Utilize our escalation and prioritization procedures to triage incoming support requests via our ticket systems ZenDesk and Jira to ensure the right person from each department is alerted to certain support requests
Most immediately, we’ll need your help responding to an increase in support requests as we are currently expanding into new markets and are onboarding new clients every week. To further aid our users in navigating the criminal legal system we’ve recently launched mobile applications on both Android and iOS that will allow them to more easily meet their obligations and connect with helpful services for housing, jobs, addiction therapy, and more. You’ll be directly involved in supporting the expansion of our mobile app to better serve our justice-involved users, whether they’re a pretrial public defender or on probation/parole and attempting to navigate reentry to society.
Who you are
- Ability to provide response within 24 hours on weekdays
- 1+ years experience with first tier response and triage in a support role
- 1+ years experience with customer-facing roles
- Familiarity with ticket systems: preferably with ZenDesk and Jira
- Familiarity with escalation procedures and prioritization
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to translate from technical terminology to plain English (most of our clients are not tech-oriented)
- Great written customer voice – most of your communication will be via email. If you get annoyed or frustrated easily, this might not be the right role for you.
What We Offer
This is a part-time role with benefits and competitive pay ($18-22 / hour). Our benefits package for this role includes healthcare, vision, and dental coverage. If you need equipment for your home office please let us know. Lastly, while we are a growing startup, we are also committed to helping all of our team maintain a healthy balance between work and personal life, especially during the pandemic when the line has been blurred for so many.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Leo will respond to all applicants!
Uptrust is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We strongly encourage members of historically underrepresented communities to apply.