Role Description: Implementation Engineering Manager
Uptrust is looking to immediately add an Implementation Engineering Manager to support our client implementation and launch efforts. Implementations are core to Uptrust’s product, as they are the foundation of our work with client sites to prevent technical violations and lower jail and prison populations. As Implementation Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for managing our Implementation Engineering team, using your project management skills to guide implementations, and making your own individual technical contributions to launching new clients. This is an opportunity to help grow and manage our implementation efforts that span over 100 criminal justice systems around the US. If you’re looking for a role where you can have a huge impact on both your company and criminal justice reform, we’d love to talk to you.
Uptrust is an innovative public benefit corporation supporting criminal justice reform. We’ve built the leading communication platform for helping people to successfully navigate the criminal legal system in both pretrial and post-incarceration situations. Our tools are already supporting more than 800,000 low-income individuals in 100+ jurisdictions across the United States.
Uptrust helps reduce jail populations, allowing more citizens to live free and productive lives. Additionally, we are uniquely committed to never charging and never geolocating our users.
Uptrust is currently a team of 13, distributed coast-to-coast in the US, with plans to continue growing our team throughout 2021. In addition to supporting work from home, we also have offices in San Francisco and Northampton, MA.
Uptrust is backed by several leading national foundations and investors and has received press from media outlets such as TechCrunch, the Associated Press, The New York Times, and the ABA Journal. Unlike many tiny startups, we already have six-figure ARR as well as near- and long-term plans for product and revenue Expansion.
What You’ll Do
As an Implementation Engineering Manager you’ll have the opportunity to lead a broad spectrum of projects that will directly aid people in staying out of jail and prison. This starts with an internal hand-off with Sales all the way to a successful deployment and continuous collaboration with our software engineering team. Most immediately, you’ll help develop new processes, systems and techniques to streamline our client launch process as we grow faster and scale to over 1M users in the US. You’ll work closely with client sites to solve technical issues as they arise and ensure that our platform continues to serve our clients after launch. Lastly, you’ll also lead and manage Uptrust’s customer support functionality, as it is not yet a separate organization. Implementing Uptrust’s software in client sites is core to Uptrust’s mission; without successful, timely implementations, our product cannot reach our end-user, so your work will have a tangible impact on the company’s trajectory. You’ll work with an existing team working on implementations and collaborate with a diverse set of client sites across the US. You can expect to move fast; every week will present new challenges with real-world implications.
Who You Are
- At least 1-year of management experience. In this role, you need to be able to hit the ground running on day one. That means instituting key project management and technical processes and procedures that you’ve already developed on previous teams where you’ve been a manager.
- Seasoned Implementation Engineer with at least 3 years of total experience. This role will be client-facing and take over ownership of key implementation processes. We believe it’s important for a manager to have experience as an individual contributor in their role; if you haven’t spent time as an Implementation Engineer (or similar) before, this probably isn’t the right role for you.
- Excellent project management skills. In this role, you’ll manage lots of moving pieces client needs, timelines, resources, and more. You’ll set, manage and meet expectations with the customer and Uptrust team to ensure proper completion of implementation projects and ensure resources are appropriately prioritized. Being organized and having great attention to detail is a must.
- Responsive and customer-centric. In this role, you and your team will be a key touchpoint to the client throughout the project lifecycle. It will include managing a team that provides post-implementation customer support to clients.
- Passionate about collaboration and an effective communicator. We want to build our team with people who see the value in a team-first approach, clearly communicated ideas, and listening. If you struggle to communicate clearly, concisely and cross-functionally, this probably is not the right role for you.
What We Offer
This is a full-time role reporting to the CEO with benefits and competitive salary/equity based on experience. Our benefits package includes 401k, healthcare, vision, dental coverage (all for you and your family), equipment for your home office needs, and a commuter stipend. Lastly, while we are a tiny startup, we are also committed to helping all of our team maintain a healthy balance between work and personal life, especially during the pandemic when the line has been blurred for so many.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please email your resume and a brief note to email@example.com. We will respond to all applicants!
Uptrust is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.