Introduction and Overview
We collect the following types of information from users of the Services.
- Information You Provide to Uptrust
We collect certain information you provide directly via the Services.
If you are a court official (including public defenders, probation and parole staff), you may provide us with personal information regarding yourself and your clients.
If you are an individual subject to obligations imposed by a state or federal court system, you may provide us with personal information when you download our App and register for our Services, which include communications from us and from court officials.
The personal information provided may include:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Race and gender
- Information Collected Automatically
As you navigate through and interact with the Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
Details of your use of the Services, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services.
Information about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and other similar information. This data also includes IP address, MAC address, device advertising ID (e.g., IDFA or AAID), and other device identifiers.
The information we collect automatically helps us to improve the Services, including by enabling us to:
Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Services according to your individual interests.
Speed up your searches.
Recognize you when you return to the Services.
Use of Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Services and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- If you have an account with Uptrust, to provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection if you are a subscribing client of Uptrust.
- To notify you about changes to the Services or any services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been de-identified) without obligation to you except as prohibited by applicable law.
For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use your information, see Your Rights and Choices below.
Sharing of Information
We share information about you as follows:
- Services Providers. We may share your information with our agents, vendors and other service providers (collectively “Services Providers”) in connection with their work on our behalf. Services Providers assist us with services such as payment processing, credit checks, data analytics, marketing and promotional services, website hosting, and technical support. Services Providers are prohibited from using your information for any purpose other than to provide this assistance, although we may permit them to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified data for other purposes.
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our related entities, including our parent and sister companies. For example, we may share your information with our affiliates for customer support, marketing and technical operations.
- Merger or Acquisition. We may share your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business.
- Security and Compelled Disclosure. We may share your information to comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also share your information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of Uptrust, the Services or any third party.
- Consent. We may share your information for any other purpose disclosed to you and with your consent.
Without limiting the foregoing, in our sole discretion, we may share aggregated information which does not identify you or de-identified information about you with third parties or affiliates for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share your information, please see Your Rights and Choices below.
Your Rights and Choices
- Review and Update of Account Information
You may access, update, or remove certain account information that you have voluntarily submitted to us through the Services by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. California residents have additional rights as set forth in Your California Privacy Rights below.
- Tracking Technology Choices
Cookies and Pixels. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove tracking technologies, some parts of the Services may not function correctly.
You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link, or emailing us at email@example.com with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the email. Please note that you cannot opt-out of certain non-promotional emails, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or Uptrust’s ongoing business relations with you.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law grants additional privacy rights to California residents. In particular, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires businesses to disclose, for the past 12 months, (i) the categories of personal information collected, (ii) the sources of the collected personal information, (iii) the purposes for which the collected personal information is used, (iv) the categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose, and (v) the categories of any personal information sold. Uptrust provides these disclosures in the following table. (Note that Uptrust does not sell any personal information, even under the broad CCPA definition of a “sale.”)
California residents also have the rights described below. We will not discriminate against any California resident who exercises these rights.
Right to access/know your information. You may request from us a list of (i) the personal information that we have collected about you, and (ii) the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your personal information. You have the right to up to two (2) access requests each twelve (12) months.
Right to delete your information. You may request, at any time, that we delete your information and direct our service providers to delete your information from their records.
You may contact us to exercise these rights at firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure the privacy and protection of individuals, we are required to verify your identity (or that of your authorized agent) or otherwise authenticate your request(s), which we will do in accordance with the CCPA regulations. Please note that, under the CCPA, we are not required to grant a request to access/know or a request to delete with respect to personal information obtained from you in your role as an employee, owner, director, officer or contractor of a company and within the context of Uptrust providing its services to such company.
Visitors Outside the United States
Uptrust is a U.S.-based company. If you are a non-U.S. resident and provide us with your personal information, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be transferred to and processed in the United States, where the laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By providing your information, you consent to such transfer and processing.
The Services are intended for a general audience and are not directed to children under 13 years of age. Uptrust does not knowingly collect personal information as defined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) in a manner that is not permitted by COPPA. If you are a parent or guardian and believe Uptrust has collected such information in a manner not permitted by COPPA, please contact us as at email@example.com and we will remove such information to the extent required by COPPA.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.